NORTH UIST DISTILLERY
North Uist Distillery is a family owned business working towards production of heritage barley whisky with strong, island provenance. Currently named Scottish Gin Distillery of the Year and producing the award winning range of island inspired Downpour gin, this small, friendly team looks forward to welcoming you to their historic home in Benbecula’s Nunton Steadings.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The visitor centre, Island Life Bar, and shop are open March – December, please call or check Google or Facebook for current opening hours.
- Downpour tastings and tours run daily through spring and summer and can be booked online, advance booking is strongly advised during the summer.
- Please note that our production area is currently situated at a different location in North Uist and is not open to visitors.
- Driving, the distillery is a ten minutes from Balivanich airport, one hour from both Lochmaddy and Lochboisdale ferry terminals, and an hour and a half from Berneray ferry terminal. The distillery is on the public bus route.
- At certain times of the year it is possible to visit the distillery on a day trip through the islands. Check current ferry and bus timetables for travel options.
North Uist Distillery
+44 (0)1870 603792